Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Quickest Trip Ever...

"Home is the place we love best and grumble the most." - B. Sunday

Recently I took a little trip back to my home land... Chicago! The trip wasn't long, but it's the longest trip I've taken since I left the nest. It was nice being back, there's nothing like the catching the smell of charred meat while gazing at beautiful architecture, am I right? 

Anyway, I caught up with friends, family and random strangers; but there's nothing like the loving question of "Are you eating enough, you look thin?". 

All that aside, having experienced major cities on both coasts, there's nothing like the major city in the middle... a few photos to follow, enjoy!


The Chicago Water Tower on Michigan Ave. (1869, the second oldest water tower in the United States)

the Wrigley Building (1921-24)

Sunset on the River Walk (first day of spring)

Crossing DuSable Bridge with views of the Chicago River 
(double leaf bascule bridge, for the bridge lovers out there)

No comments:

Post a Comment