Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

With the coming of a new year comes the renewed interest and the nostalgia of beginning things anew. We see it plastered everywhere; "New Year, New Me," gym memberships get purchased, we start blogs *shrugs*, we commit wholeheartedly to starting fresh.  We do and say these things consciously but unconsciously we are still the same people that we were a few hours ago before the champagne headaches wear off and we tiptoe out of an unfamiliar residence, leave NYE religious ceremonies, get off of work, etc.

Personally, I'm not the type to ever make a New Year's resolution.  My resolve will simply remain to do more of the things that I do well and to travel more this year than the year before. Travel to me is not about going on vacation. It's is about seeing what the world has to offer while reinvesting myself into the local fabrics of the communities in which I traverse.  I seek to learn firsthand everything that I've been taught or taught myself through reading, through observation on tv and online, and through oral tradition and secondhand accounts.  I will continue to open avenues and platforms to the outside world in order to exchange ideas.  This year I seek to continuously expand my circle to those who share similar and opposing views.  My ceremonial toast is to the struggle and the journey which make life beautiful.

To me the destination is always less than all that is obtained through the experience of your travels.  Arrive and acquire the tools and skills which you desire to carry onwards.

- Esoteric


No comments:

Post a Comment